Thursday, January 13, 2011

Xia Xiaowan 3D Glass Paintings

I honestly can not figure out how these are done by these photographs, and that alone blows my mind. I have seen layered glass paintings before but it's how Xia painted the weight, and the emotional intensity that makes these incomprehensible.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and my personal favorite titled Da Vinci's sketches. A
three dimensional portrait of Da Vinci with all of his
sketches embedded inside him using 22 planes of glass.
Brilliant.

Photobucket

please visit this artist's website and look at all the amazing works.


3 comments:

  1. The first two images are works by David Spriggs. Please correctly credit the images. He works very hard in creating these and does not want his work credited to another artist. Please see www.davidspriggs.com. Please correct this or remove images of his work from this artist's page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our sincere apologies. we will remove the images right away. thank you for the correction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its too bad i am 10 years late on discovering this idea personally myself.o well i guess i cant be the first one to came up with this idea...but its still amazing enough for me to play with.I am almost sure its starts off by doing it on a computer...and that's all i will hint for now...i cannot spoil it for myself...i want a piece of the pie...and this is only one technique in my God giving brain that's displayed here..its a good thing for back-up ideas.

    ReplyDelete